- a description of an important plot development in a television show, movie, or book which if previously known may reduce surprise or suspense for a first-time viewer or reader.
- a person or thing that spoils something."it is a sad thing that so many so-called book lovers are book spoilers"
- a flap on the wing of an aircraft that can be projected in order to create drag and so reduce speed.
- an electronic device for preventing unauthorized copying of sound recordings by means of a disruptive signal inaudible on the original.
People also ask
What is a spoiler in a show?
What does spoiler mean in slang?
Why do people tell spoilers?
Are movie spoilers illegal?
Spoiler definition and meaning | Collins English Dictionary
www.collinsdictionary.com › dictionary › english › spoiler
1. a person or thing that spoils. 2. a person or group having little chance of winning that engages in a contest and spoils or alters the other participants' ...
SPOILER | definition in the Cambridge English Dictionary
dictionary.cambridge.org › dictionary › english › spoiler
information in a newspaper article, blog, etc. that tells you what happens in a TV show, which may spoil your enjoyment of it if you have not already seen it:.
1 : a person or thing that spoils something A spoiler beat the predicted winner. 2 : a device (as on an airplane or automobile) that controls the flow ...
When you find out something about a movie, TV show, book, or video game that you wanted to find out on your own. Goddamn it I just saw Steven Universe spoilers ...
1. A spoiler alert is where someone gives away the main plot or turning point in a movie, book, show, etc. 2. Something that someone uses to really piss people ...
Spoiler definition, a person or thing that spoils. See more.
A spoiler is a piece of information that ruins, or spoils (hence the term), a surprise for you in a book, movie, TV show or any medium that tells a story. (A2A).
c. A published piece of information that divulges a surprise, such as a plot twist in a movie. d. One who seizes spoils or booty: Odysseus, spoiler of cities.
A spoiler is usually defined as a remark or piece of information which reveals important plot elements (for example the ending or a major plot twist), ...