Population density varies strikingly, with the greatest contrast occurring between the eastern half of China and the lands of the west and the northwest. Exceptionally high population densities occur in the Yangtze delta, the Pearl River Delta, and on the Chengdu Plain of the western Sichuan Basin.
People also ask
Which part of China has the highest population density?
By comparison, the Chinese province with the highest overall population density is Jiangsu province in Eastern China reaching about 850 people per square kilometer in 2020.
Which side of China has the highest population?
Shanghai (上海), is China's most populous city situated on the eastern coast of the country, a port on the estuary of the Yangtze River. Until World War II, Shanghai contained areas of British, French, and American settlement. It was also the site where in 1921 the founding of the Chinese Communist Party took place.
Which side of China is more populated east or west?
China's current population is 1.368 billion people, but the distribution is very unique, 94% of their population are located in the east coast alone while the other 6% are in the west.
Why population density is highest in the east of China?
The eastern, coastal provinces are much more densely populated than the western interior because of the historical access to water.
Oct 20, 2021 · This is significantly influenced by the geography of each region, and is especially the case in the Guangdong, Fujian, or Sichuan provinces due ...
Figure 1.3 Population density, by province, 2017 | UNICEF
www.unicef.cn › figure-13-population-density-province-2017
While Shanghai has an average of 3,800 persons per sq km, Tibet, Qinghai and Xinjiang have fewer than 15 persons per sq km.
Countries by Density 2022 - World Population Review
worldpopulationreview.com › country-rankings › countries-by-density
Top 10 most densely populated countries and territories in the world, 2020: · Macau (SAR of China)- 19,737/km˛ · Monaco - 19,361/km˛ · Singapore - 8,019/km˛ · Hong ...
Although China has the world's largest total population, it has a land area of almost 9.6 million km sq; China's population density, at 141 people per ...
Which country has the highest population density in the world?
www.weforum.org › 2020/08 › 3d-mapping-global-population-density
Aug 27, 2020 · Zooming into the most populated country in the world, China and its surrounding neighbors demonstrate massive clusters of urbanization. Most ...
Population density (people per sq. km of land area) - China | Data
data.worldbank.org › indicator › EN.POP.DNST
China is the most populated country in the world and its national population density (137/km2) is very similar to ...
China, with more than 1.2 billion people, is the most populous country in the world. Overall population density of the country is somewhat over 110 people ...
[An overview of the geographic distribution of the population in China]
pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov › ...