- the particular condition that someone or something is in at a specific time."the state of the company's finances"synonyms: condition, shape, situation, circumstances, state of affairs, position, predicament, plight, mood, humor, temper, disposition, spirits, morale, state of mind, emotional state, frame of mind, attitude
- a nation or territory considered as an organized political community under one government."Germany, Italy, and other European states"synonyms: country, nation, land, sovereign state, nation state, kingdom, empire, republic, confederation, federation, body politic, commonwealth, power, world power, superpower, polity, domain, territory, fatherland, motherland, realm, res publica
- the civil government of a country."services provided by the state"synonyms: government, parliament, the administration, the regime, the authorities, the council, the Establishment
- pomp and ceremony associated with monarchy or high levels of government."he was buried in state"synonyms: ceremonial, official, formal, governmental, national, public
- an impression taken from an etched or engraved plate at a particular stage."an oblong plate, dry point, first state of eight"
- of, provided by, or concerned with the civil government of a country."the future of state education"
- used or done on ceremonial occasions; involving the ceremony associated with a head of state."a state visit to Hungary by Queen Elizabeth"
- express something definitely or clearly in speech or writing."the report stated that more than 51 percent of voters failed to participate"synonyms: express, voice, utter, say, tell, declare, affirm, assert, aver, announce, make known, communicate, reveal, disclose, divulge, give out, give voice to, pronounce, articulate, enunciate, proclaim, present, expound, preach, promulgate, publish, broadcast, set out, set down, frame, formulate, spell out, be specific about, come out with, asseverate, set, fixed, settled, agreed, declared, determined, approved, authorized, accredited, ruled, ordained, designated, laid down, claimed, official, supposed, professed, alleged
- present or introduce (a theme or melody) in a composition.
People also ask
What is meant by the term the state?
What does the state mean to Weber?
What is the meaning of state politics?
What is meant by state in a country?
state | Definition, History, Figures, & Facts - Encyclopedia Britannica
www.britannica.com › ... › Politics & Political Systems
1 · manner or condition of being ; 2 · a body of people living in a certain territory under one government : the government of such a body of people ; 3 · one of the ...
The definition of a state - Eduskunta
www.eduskunta.fi › yhteiskunta › suomi-valtiona › Pages › Valtio-kasitteena
The definition of a state ... According to one definition, a state is a community formed by people and exercising permanent power within a specified territory.
The Definition of the State in International Law
msuweb.montclair.edu › ~furrg › research › mlg09 › state_international_law
The state and international law. By modern practice and the law of international relations, a state's sovereignty is conditional upon the diplomatic ...
A DEFINITION OF THE STATE. CHANDRAN KUKATHAS. *. I THE PROBLEM OF DEFINING THE STATE. A state is a form of political association, and political association ...
Apr 26, 2011 · Max Weber' definition of the state as a human community that successfully claims the monopoly of the legitimate use of physical force within ...
argument, the paper attempts to uncover a detailed view of the state as a partnership. The ancestral Roman constitution, Cicero argues, surpasses all other ...